In 1927, a group of prominent citizens founded what is now known as Arlington Memorial Cemetery in Rockford, IL. The far east side location, now 6202 Charles St., was well out of town and on a 78-acre farm. Those founding fathers decided to develop 50 acres of restful, beautiful rolling meadows into plots, winding roads, and wooded burial sites.
Today, many spaces are still available from the original 50 acres developed, with an additional 16 acres available for expansion. Arlington Memorial Cemetery remains the choice final resting place for everyone, regardless of their social, economic, ethnic, or religious status.